Saturday, February 22, 2014

#DisneySide Rag Wreath & Mickey Ears How-To




As you know, I was lucky enough to be chosen to host a #DisneySide Home Celebrations party.  So I wanted to add some personal touches to my party, as that is just how I am.  So since I am going with the traditional Mickey & Minnie Theme, I decided to make a rag wreath to give to one of my guests as a door prize.  It is very simple to make, so I thought I would share it with you, so maybe you can make one for yourself or as a gift.

First I went to Joann Fabrics and got me some Mickey Mouse material and a matching contrast material along with a metal wreath frame.  I then found a cute little Mickey Mouse figurine at the Dollar Tree, so I headed home to get started.  Here are the items I purchased to make the wreath.

I then cut the material into 1 inch wide by 11 inches long strips to tie around the wreath frame.

So then I started the process of tying the strips aka rags, around the wreath frame alternating between materials. It only took me about an hour to do the entire wreath, and here is what it looked like after all the material was tied on.

And to finish it off, I tied on a coordinating ribbon as a hanger, and then used a hot glue gun to glue the Mickey Mouse figurine to the wreath, and I am ready to make one guest very happy!

So since I was in the mood for some handmade items for my party, I decided it would be cute to make Mickey Mouse ears for my guests to wear at the party.  This was very simple and very inexpensive as well.  I picked up some black felt sheets at Joann Fabrics for $0.39 each and some 4 packs of black headbands at Dollar Tree.  I then cut out the ear shapes from the black felt, and hot glued it to the headbands and voila!!! Cute little Mickey Ears for everyone.





Well I hope this gives you some inspiration so that you too can bring out your #DisneySide at your next gathering.  And get ready for the party post coming up soon!!! Can't wait to share with you all how much we enjoy showing our #DisneySide to all of my wonderful readers!

2 comments: