Monday, February 17, 2014

#DisneySide handmade invitations and treat bags

Show Your Disney Side

So I decided to let my #DisneySide show through making handmade invitations for my son's upcoming #DisneySide Home Celebrations party, and it took me a while to decide what I wanted to do, and here is what I came up with. 


I started out with black, white and red cardstock paper, some scissors, glue dots and a hole punch.  I started by cutting the black paper into four segments.

I then took my cookie cutter that came in my kit, and just expanded out by eye until I came up with the Mickey head outline.  I cut the red cardstock into semi circles, cut circles in the white cardstock and used the hole punch and punched holes in some white paper and this was what I used to make my invitations.

I then glued the red semi circles onto the black Mickey outline.

I then took the white circles from the hole punch and glued onto the red to make his pants buttons.

And then I wrote on both sides of the white cardstock circles, on the front I put generic party info, and on the back I put specific party information for the guests.

And to finish it off, I just put the circles into the pants of Mickey, and this was the finished product

Now all I have to do is give them out to Conner's friends and wait for the RSVP's to come in. 

And to keep with the Mickey theme I also made treat bags, using plain red treat bags (10 for $1 at Dollar Tree) and the Mickey heads, and here are the treat bags.


I am so excited for our #DisneySide Home Celebrations party, and can't wait to share the party with all of you. So be on the look out next week for the party post.  And let me know what you think of the invitations and treat bags below. 

Until next time don't forget to show your #DisneySide :)

8 comments:

  1. Great Job Jen, I love Mickey Mouse and I would have had lots of fun helping you prepare for this party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, can't wait to get the stuff to finish up the decorations, going to be a busy week getting ready for the party this weekend. I would have loved to had your help, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I really like them, you did a great job.(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I am going to do some more decorations in the next few days, so keep an eye out for the blog posts :)

      Delete